Top 9 Techniques and Therapies Chiropractic We Use at Wellness Solution Centers
Chiropractors pride themselves on taking a natural, drug-less approach to helping their patients reach their health goals. Because the nervous system controls every cell and organ in your body, chiropractors focus their attention on the health of your spine being properly aligned and, if there are shifts, helping the spine come back into alignment. The chiropractic adjustment is the most common procedure performed by Doctors of Chiropractic. The purpose of the adjustment is to restore joint function and mobility by applying a light force to the joints that have become restricted and painful. Adjustment of the affected joints and tissues restores mobility and increases range of motion, thereby alleviating pain and muscle tightness and spasms, and allowing damaged tissues to heal. Below are some of the different techniques we use to help return the spine and soft tissue to a more normal state.
Chiropractic Adjustment Techniques
- Diversified Technique: This is a manual technique in which we use our hands to perform spinal adjustments, as opposed to using instruments. The diversified technique is the most common type of chiropractic treatment.
- Drop Table: The patient lies on a special table with sections that lift about 2 inches and drop down when the adjustment is made. The chiropractor applies a quick thrust at the same time the section drops. The dropping of the table allows for a lighter adjustment without the twisting positions that can accompany other techniques.
- Instrument Assisted: We incorporate a chiropractic instrument called an ArthroStim to make the corrections by lightly tapping the area into place, making all adjustments very comfortable and light. A perfect technique for all ages, infants through seniors, each adjustment is totally individualized and can be performed standing, seated or lying down. Because it’s many times faster than adjustments delivered by hand, the body rarely tightens to resist, making adjustments comfortable and effective. It’s also helpful for adjusting elbows, wrists, knees and other joints of the body.
- Flexion/Distraction: This technique has become the most widely used approach to treating symptomatic disc injuries involving back pain and the often-accompanying leg pain. Flexion-distraction involves the use of a specialized table that gently distracts or stretches the spine and which allows the chiropractor to isolate the area of disc involvement while slightly flexing the spine in a pumping rhythm. There is no pain involved in the treatment.
- Trigger Point Therapy: The primary purpose of this technique is to reduce the pain that results from hypersensitive muscles. Trigger points are identified by gently pressing on the skin, also known as palpation, in order to feel the texture of the underlying muscle. A trigger point is like a knot, buried deep in the muscle tissue. It is made up of lactic acid, a normal byproduct of muscular activity, which sometimes gets trapped in the muscle from physical, chemical or emotional stress.
- Extremity Adjustments: In our office, we pay attention to not only the spine, but other joints as well. We can adjust feet, knees, sinuses, wrists, shoulders, TMJ to name a few. Please let us know if you are experiencing any issues with your extremities so we can address them on your visit.
- Low level laser therapy: This is a non-invasive, fast and effective modality that has been proven in clinical trials to reduce pain, reduce swelling, and promote healing. Photonic stimuli excite the body’s cells infusing them with energy, with the three primary reactions being: reduction of inflammation, cell regeneration, and increased blood flow.
- Anodyne: This is another type of light therapy that is used to help relieve the symptoms of pain, stiffness, muscle spasms, and circulation irregularities.
- Intersegmental Traction: This is a very effective chiropractic therapy that induces passive motion into the spine for stretching spinal joints and increasing mobility.Intersegmental traction helps to gently and effectively reestablish normal range of motion to your spine. This is generally performed before the chiropractic adjustment.
A chiropractic adjustment is not a one size fits all. As you can see, we have an arsenal of chiropractic techniques and therapies to accommodate virtually any patient we encounter. If you would like to understand more about the different techniques we use please never hesitate to ask. Knowledge is power! Wellness Solution Centers. is the founding member of 8 Weeks to Wellness. Please review the other locations of 8WW to find the nearest location to you.